Sunday, August 3, 2008

Mamma Mia! Musical is still my favorite!

It's been about 4 years since I last saw the musical and convinced my friends to go to Mamma Mia when it came to Devos Performance Hall here in Grand Rapids. They had never seen the musical, although were familiar with the 70s pop band, ABBA, whose songs the story is based on. Seeing it the second time didn't disappoint. I enjoyed the performances best of the actress that played Donna, the mother and the performance of the actress that played the best friend, Rosie. The music is addicting and infectious, I got Mamma Mia cds for my friends because I knew once they saw it, they were going to want to sing along in the car to songs like "Mamma Mia" or "Dancing Queen." And indeed, they have already become addicted. My personal favorite is "The Winner Takes it All" and "S.O.S." I recommend if the musical comes close to your town that you make sure you catch it. I have already checked, it is coming to Lansing in October. I may just have to go again! Here is a clip from the Tony Awards of Mamma Mia, not the cast we saw ( The audio is a little un-synced, but couldn't find a better clip:

No comments: