Friday, March 20, 2009

Irish Jig 5K

Well, tomorrow is my first race of the season, the Irish Jig 5K in East Grand Rapids. The course is near the Reeds Lake area, running on Lake Drive and Wealthy. Here is the course map. I haven't ran outside yet this year, so its been all treadmill workouts, but am confident I will have a good run. I am not the fastest when I run, so I am hoping to do my run in under 31 minutes. I pretty much average a 10 minute mile, later this year I hope to improve on that.

I hope to have some pictures posted this weekend of me at the race. I was going to deck my self out in green, but then I was afraid Keith wouldn't be able to find me when taking my picture at the end of the race, so I may just wear a bright hot pink shirt. :) After all, St. Patty's Day was last Tuesday!

No comments: