Well, its been a couple months since I made my New Year goals. This is how I am doing:
1. Compete in at least one Sprint Triathlon:
My first tri is scheduled on May 31.
2. Pay off my second mortgage
I now only have $3000 left on this - I should just take care of it now, but will definitely knock that out before June.
3. Try snowboarding
This was done in January. Not sure I will do it again, I prefer skiing, a lot of wear on my ankles. Plus, I really wanted to go down the hill both ways, right and goofy (left).
4. Volunteer my time in some way
I am on the board of Variety Children's Charity in Grand Rapids, so this year I will get to do this.
5. Go on a photo walk once a month
Yeah, I haven't been able to do this, plus I haven't been inspired and the dreary colors of winter months in Feb and March are ugly.
6. Write a monthly budget each month, stick to it, and review budget/actuals on my excel sheet
This is something that is hard to do, it seems like something new comes up all the time, but I am not a huge spender to begin with. Except, with tri-sports, it can be expensive, I need to purchase a wet suit, tri shorts, biking shoes and other little things here and there. Oh, the big one, a road bike is what I want now.
7. Do 5 pull-ups in a row
I can only do 2.5 without help from a chair - progressing slowly
8. Run a 10k
I have added mileage in my training and now up to 3.5 miles now, so summer I am sure I will be ready.
9. Read 1 book a month
January - "New Moon"
February - "Slow Fat Triathlete" and "What Would Google Do" - haven't finished it yet
10. Of course, something that has always been on my list, lose 15 pounds.
I joined weight watchers on 2/16 and to date I have lost 3.8 pounds, I will weigh in tomorrow, and hopefully lose more than a pound tomorrow. I am hoping for 2!
No comments:
Post a Comment