Saturday, December 19, 2009

Fine Dining at Louis Benton

Last night Keith and I went out with friends all dolled up (Amanda, Jason, Marcia, Tricia and Dusten) and celebrated Christmas. We met at Tricia's house for pre-dinner drinks with her wonderful homemade Sangria. We exchanged presents (drew names a few weeks ago). Keith had Dusten and bought him a Michigan windbreaker. Dusten had Keith and got him Tortilla shell warmer bowls! I had Amanda and got her a blue breathable workout under armor shirt and bath and body lotion. Marcia had me and got me a candle holder and candle along with 2 handmade stretch bracelets.

We played a little catch phrase and laughed a little and the we were off to Louis Benton Steakhouse downtown. We knew the place was expensive, as there were no prices on the menu, but fortunately we had a coupon, buy 1 dinner get 1 free up to $25. We started with the calamari and I enjoyed a German Chocolate Cake Martini, and Keith had his staple, beer. The calamari was great, and Dusten ordered Balsamic Portobello Mushrooms. Wow!!! I hate mushrooms, but those were awesome, I could eat an entire meal of that!

I had the Top Sirloin steak with herb garlic butter, it was cooked to perfection, medium seems to be more medium rare, which was great! I upgraded my salad to the French Onion soup, that was phenomenal. Keith ordered Filet Mignon with Oscar topping, which was Asparagus and Hollandaise sauce and King Crab meat. We ordered a family size side of a Loaded Baked Potato, yum! Oh, and can't forget the delicious warm bread, when everyone was afraid to order another serving in fear we would be charged more, I ordered more, and no, bread is free!!

It was a great evening, and after spending $101 even with our coupon, it was worth it, we were living a little!!! Felt like the Trumps!








No comments: