Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Day of skiing at Crystal Mountain

Today Ryan and I had a wonderful and long day of skiing at Crystal Mountain. We arrived about 9:45am and were on the slopes about 10:45 am due to waiting in line for rentals. I own skis, but didn't get them waxed and plus, mine are 15 years old and decided to try the rental skis for something different. Yes, they were different! My skis are over my head, I think 174mm, the ones they gave me were much shorter, over my shoulder and they were a bit bowed, I believe this is the new way of skiing, apparently you have more control with shorter skis. I didn't fall skiing, but did fall getting off the chairlift, a lady pushed all her weight off of me to get herself up, and I went down! Ha! We had some great moments when Ryan tried acting like goofy teens jumping off snow hills and wiping out! Didn't have the camera for that. I went down a black diamond hill called Wipeout, and did NOT wipeout! The skiing was a bit icy due to the rain we got a couple days ago, but overall a great day! And my new ski outfit made it all the better! Oh - and also have a cool new hat that has built in speakers for my iPod. Thanks Mom and Dad! Check ut pictures and video at the bottom.

















1 comment:

Jodi Thornton said...

LOL - I like the picture of you after you "fell down". :)

Also....I nominated you for an award on my blog. Sorry..... :)