Wednesday, January 20, 2010

When Life Hands you Lemonade




While reading my friend Jodi's blog, she nominated my blog for this award, thank you Jodi! I enjoy reading her blog about her family, what her kids are doing and just what is making her happy or sad, its always very insightful and I hear her voice when reading her blogs..its fun! Thanks Jodi, oh here is her blog The Thorntons.

The rules for this award are simple:

1. Thank the giver of the award and link their blog.
2. List 5 things about yourself.
3. Link 5 new recipients and notify them.


So......here we go! 5 things about me........

1. I have never been kissed. Ha! Just kidding. Ummm....hmm...I played in the Big League Softball World Series when I was 16. I was a fast picther, and pitched against Canada. We ended up third in the world. Not bad. Oh, and we beat Canada.

2. I have worked in the movie business for 16 years. Sounds like I am old huh, no, I am not old!! I started working in a movie theater when I was 16, and now handle Marketing for mid-west movie theater chain. I have worked for 3 movie theater chains, 1 video store chain and 1 TV station in my "entertainment" career. Ha!

3. I am a geek. I love everything technology, iPods, photo and video editing, hacking software, graphics programs, unique computer programs that do things like test the processing speed of my computer or order my movie collection, or cataloging my backed up computer software, excel sheets, digital slr cameras, podcasts, training computer videos, video cameras, motion-stop capturing, shooting video on green screens and keying out backgrouds, audio editing, mixing sound effects, blogging....

4. I LOVE sports! I workout 6 days a week, sometimes 7 if I forget to rest. I belong to a gym. I am now a triathlete and runner. I also play softball a little too much, 3-4 times a week. Tennis league, racquetball league. I love volleyball, but haven't been on a league lately. Skiing, Basketball and kayaking are some others I like to do!


5. I never leave home without my iPods. Between Keith and I we have 4. He has 2 Nanos, a 1g and 8g. I own 2, one that is a 60g video ipod and an 8g iTouch. I think the iPod is the greatest invention of the decade. I always listen to my iPod in the car, gym, grocery store or work. I always have something to listen to other than just music. I download a lot of podcasts. I have my Touch with me for Monday conference calls at work, I love to play the dice game when there is ranting going on for 2 hours. I also play the Touch when watching TV, when the battery dies, then I grab my laptop while watching TV. I am a tech gadget addict!! Oh - also just bought a small Kodak zi8 HD video camera.

Well, enough about me. Now it's time for me to nominate some other fun blogs:

Gladd to see you
Jilek-Wolfe blog
The Twaros
Smith's Blog
Triathlon Training Blog

No comments: