Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July weekend

We had a great 4th of July weekend. This year we actually didn't go anywhere, stayed i GR and it was nice. Saturday I had my second triathlon of the year at Bostwick Lake and did well. My best time overall - 1 hour 26 minutes. The event was .4 mile swim, 14 mile bike and 3 mile run.












We bought one of those above ground pools from Walmart and filled it up a couple days prior and thank god! It was a hot one, upper 80s to 93 this weekend. I don't consider this a real pool having grown up with one, but I am so glad we have it. I laid on the pool raft for about 4 hours, lol! Relaxing! Keith took me out for dinner for my birthday, we ate at Tres Lobos, a mexican restaurant down the road, then had some Maggie Moos! I crashed about 9pm thought that night since I did my tri and hadn't had a nap.












Sunday we had a small cookout, not too many people in town, but cooked out, played baggo, cards, pool volleyball....yes we found a small volleyball net for $10...cheesy, but fun! Celebrated my birthday, sported a mohawk and oh, catch phrase!!! Later that night we watched fireworks from our backyard from the neighbors who put on a good show...thank you neighbors for spending probably over $500 on illegal fireworks! Later that evening we did some shots and sang kaaroke in the basement on the big screen.












Monday we did 9 holes of golf at Indian Trails. I shot a 56, Keith shot a 57. Hole 1 killed me with an 11! And Keith lost 4 balls today. Lol! That is least favorite part of golf, finding balls!

Well, time to make some dinner, leftover ribs?

No comments: